Maintains a professional, personable demeanor. Able to efficiently and correctly process high volumes of transactions, simple and complex; adept at reconciliations and monthly reports. Skills in alphabetization, filing, and efficient data entry. Demonstrable knowledge of MS Office and Quickbooks. Adaptable to a variety of computer programs and systems. Passionate about organization. Exhibits honesty, integrity, and confidentiality. People like me.
Work History & Experience
- Contract Service; Lila Evans Allen; 2006 to present bookkeeping, customer service, graphic arts, administrative assistant, writing,
- Bookseller; Barnes & Noble; 2017 to 2018
- Bookkeeper; Accountemps; 2016 to 2017
- Customer Service; Spirit Wise Gifts; 2009 to 2011
- Bookkeeper; Accountemps; 2005 to 2008
- Head Cashier; Barnes & Noble; 1997 to 2005
Full Cycle Bookkeeping
- 20+ years bookkeeping includes manual and computerized accounts; personal, small businesses and corporate offices.
- Daily bookkeeping for retail and service companies.
- Adept at monthly and annual bank/credit card reconciliations.
- Extensive experience in Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable.
- Knowledge of payroll deductions and payables.
- Experience in using QuickBooks for full payroll, including online tax filing and payments.
- Skilled in end of month reports and sales tax payables.
- Created check register in Excel, including macros to find checks that aren’t cleared.
- Quickbooks (desktop and online) – 10 years; Peachtree (2 years).
- Quickbooks Online certified.
Data Entry & Administrative
- Experienced with a variety of POS, database, spreadsheet, and other programs.
- Efficient and reliable data entry skills: 10-key 70 wpm; alpha-numeric 50 wpm.
- Can trouble shoot basic IT issues.
- Adept at sorting, organizing, and creating systems for efficient information retrieval.
- Excel skills – pivot tables, lookups, macros
- Skilled in Microsoft Office; some knowledge of Google Docs, Sheets, and Forms.
- Intermediate skills in deciphering handwriting.
- Known for being a good listener; trusted with confidential information.
Education & Life Experiences
- Loretto Heights College; 1986-1988; Musical Theater
- Up With People; 1988–1989; experienced over 100 different cultures
- Barnes Business College; 1991; Associates Degree – Computer Information Processing
- Threshold Choir; 2013 – current; singing comfort for those in life’s transitions